Friday, August 5, 2011

A Note to My Readers

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately, and I have decided to reorganize my  blog to get out of the rut I have found myself in.  During the past few weeks, my blog has been very spontaneous, with little to no planning involved.  I literally did not know what I was going to write until I sat down at my desktop.  I feel that it has been affecting the quality of my writing.  So, starting next week, I am going to use a new formula that I have developed to organize my blog posts.

I have been consistently posting three times every week, so I am going to keep it that way.  During my first post of the week, I am going to be flexible and write about whatever that is on my mind concerning the autism spectrum.  That will allow me enough room to keep the thought process moving.

For my second post of the week, I am going to do something a little bit different.  I am going to use the advice given to me by Valerie West of The Oakland Press a few weeks ago, and chronicle an ongoing fictional story seen through the eyes of an autistic teenager in various situations.  I think that doing it this way will give more information to my readers than simply talking about topics.

For my third post each week, I am going to catalog a real world event that occurred that particular week concerning the autism spectrum.  I have done this a few times already in previous posts.  If any of my readers have stories they would like me to report to the public, feel free to email me at rmcomins@oakland.edu, preferably with contact information, so I can get a hold of you for more information.

I would like to thank all the people who have kept up with my blog during the past two months.  I hope this new direction I am taking will help people to gain more insight into autism spectrum disorders.

No comments:

Post a Comment