Monday, January 23, 2012

Some Shared Inspiration

When I was twelve, I was dealing with a lot of issues.  I had recently been diagnosed with autism and my medications had been changed, but the trouble was far from over.  Worst of all was the depression I was dealing with.  One day, my mom took me upstairs and played a song by Celine Dion, and told me how that song had reminded her strongly of my situation.  The gist of the song was to never lose hope.  I could not find any strong inspiration at that time through the haze of pain, but that song provided a grain of hope that things would not always be like this.  It told me that after a lot of time and effort, I would beat all my problems.  Today, I am proud to say that I have.

I referenced Youtube to see if I could find the music video.  Listening to this song again after so much time brought back mixed emotions.  The pain from that time is a distant memory that almost seems like a dream at this point.  I hope by sharing this experience that this song will bring you the same inspiration that it brought me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6wbugWrfLU&ob=av2e

No comments:

Post a Comment