Sunday, April 15, 2012

Some People Think...

Some people think that I'm just shy.  They don't really see the whole picture.  They have no way of seeing the who picture so they shouldn't be expected to see more than is on the surface.  What people perceive as "shy" characteristics of my personality are actually the current end result of my autistic journey.  What was previously autistic characteristics mixed within the mind of a troubled boy are now a young many, almost 24, who is striving for greatness.  I want to help others to better understand autism and I also want to become a famous fantasy writer, recognized for more than my autism.  That is who I have become.  My autistic journey continues.

Hopefully my autistic journey will conclude in a different world.  A wiser and more accepting world.  A world where everyone understands autism and no one has to go through the pain that is associated with living on the spectrum today.  That is the world I hope for by the time my life is all said and done.  I'm going to be 24 in a few weeks.  I've probably got at least 50 years more to look forward to.  A lot can happen in that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment