Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Note to my Readers

It has been nearly a year and a half since I first started writing The Voice from the Spectrum in May 2011.  The response by members of the autism community to my blog has exceeded anything that I could have expected.  Truthfully, I was not aware of the extent of the autism community that is spread throughout the world.  Some of my readers will have noticed that my blog content has evolved throughout the process, which reflects how this experience has evolved me as a person.

Now, looking ahead to 2013.  As many of you already know, I recently graduated from college.  My plan is to continue to write The Voice from the Spectrum, and to also keep participating in Junior Positively Autistic: Ryan's Spectrum Talk and The Poet's Interest with Marilyn and Ryan.  As I continue to share my experiences as an individual on the autism spectrum I invite my readers to do the same.  Do you know anyone who has an autistic child or someone you feel may benefit from my writing in The Voice from the Spectrum, share this blog with them.  Spread the word so that together, we can fight ignorance of what it means to live on the autism spectrum and to give a voice to others on the spectrum who might be nonverbal.

No comments:

Post a Comment