Saturday, December 29, 2012

Ten Signs of Autism

The source link listed at the bottom of this blog post lists ten signs of autism.  There are as follows:


  1. Struggles
  2. Hypersensitivity
  3. Hyposensitivity
  4. Repetition
  5. Object Attachment
  6. Communication
  7. Interaction
  8. Fascinations
  9. Perseveration
  10. Developmental Delays
Now I am going to take a moment to give examples I have experienced in each of these areas.  Due to the complexity of autism spectrum disorders, I have cannot relate to every one of the listed areas.

  1. Struggles: When I was between the ages of 9 and 12, I experienced many struggles.  I did not understand sarcasm or irony, something my peers were quick to notice.  While I do not learn at the same pace my peers do, I have consistently been noticed for being the "most improved" at tasks I previously experienced difficulties with.
  2. Hypersensitivity: I have noticed that I cannot wear fleece.  I also have difficulty eating potatoes and mushrooms.
  3. Hyposensitivity: I have not really experienced any difficulties in this area.
  4. Repetition: Even after everything I have overcome, I still prefer to watch movies I have already seen as opposed to brand new movies unless they belong to a series I follow or I have some other interest in the new material.  I don't watch new movies "just for the heck of it."
  5. Object Attachment: I slept with a stuffed animal until I was a teenager.  It was very difficult for me to throw out broken toys when I was younger.
  6. Communication: I have always been referred to as "quiet" or "shy."
  7. Interaction: Until a year ago, I had difficulty keeping close friends.  I now have two or three friends who I hang out with on a regular basis.  We have both remarked that without certain circumstances, we would never have started talking.
  8. Fascinations: When I was younger, I always had these diabolical Star Wars space battles on paper fueled by a pencil, eraser, and my imagination.  It was difficult as a teenager to realize that without talking about Star Wars or my cats, I really didn't have a lot to talk about.
  9. Peseveration: Sometimes when studying for school, I would get stuck on a single concept and not be able to get around it.  I remember having difficulty understanding how letters could be used in math when I was first starting to learn Algebra.
  10. Developmental Delays: At age two, I lost what language skills I had developed up to that point and was nonverbal until age three when I started to talk again.
To read more about these ten signs of autism, click on the following link:


http://ktar.com/22/1597655/10-signs-of-autism

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was an absolutely awesome article! Very well put and explained!

Anonymous said...


I was born epileptic, but I am now free and cured with Dr Itua Herbal Made Medicine. I was seventeen and sitting at my computer when I fell out of my chair. Only thing I remember is waking up with the worse headache I had ever had in my life. I had never taken medication and I hated swallowing pills but I had to start. I switched between all kinds of medication because I didn't take them like I was supposed to. One day I had just finished running errands and was at my sisters house when I fell to the floor again. I woke up with a bad headache and my 2 year old Niece leaning over my leg asking me if I was OK. By then I had just started college and was one the verge of losing my license. My school is an hour away from where I live so I really got set back because I wasn't allowed to drive until I got my seizures under control. I would love to know how others have handles their epilepsy! So My sister friends Emma Told my sister about a herbal Doctor who reside in west Africa(Nigeria) Because Emma is from Africa as well, My sister told me about it then we decided to give a try. My sister contacted him also tell him about my autism too.he assures my sister that his herbal medicine will cure my epilepsy and my autism, I paid for the herbal medicine then he delivered to Charleston Post office I was called to pick it up which i quickly did, I drank it for two weeks as prescribed happily I went for diagnose and find out my Epilepsy and Autism is gone and today making it 9 Months and I'm now free from Autism, Seizure and Epilepsy, I will continue to share Dr Itua Natural Herbal Medicine works. I will recommend Dr Itua to anyone who suffering from,,,AUTISM, EPILEPSY, SEIZURE, COLD SORE, HERPES, HIV/AIDS.Shingles,Genitals Herpes,Dr Itua Contact Information..... Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com.... WhatsApp Number....+2348149277967. Live Happily Again With Dr Itua Herbal Made Medicine.

Post a Comment