Saturday, August 13, 2011

Meet Eric Sissom

For my first blog post about an autistic achievement, I went to a few websites to see if I could find a recent event that occurred within the past week.  After searching through several major newspaper companies, and not finding a single recent event, I resorted to Google to try to find an achievement made by someone with autism.  After some searching, I stumbled upon Eric's personal website.

Eric Sissom was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome at age fourteen.  He has documented a large portion of his personality, his beliefs and interests, and many of his autism symptoms.  I has quite surprised when I read that milk gave him an almost nicotine type "high."  Eric will soon graduate with a Master's Degree in Information Systems from Middle Tennessee State University.  This is quite an accomplished young man.

There is no specific accomplishment to report here, as I had intended; just another success story that proves that those with autism can find a place within society and excel in the talents that have been given to them.

To view more information about Eric and his many insights into autism, visit his website at http://www.ericsissom.com/autism/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment