Sunday, August 18, 2013

Meeting Dani Bowman

It has been almost three years since I first heard the name "Dani Bowman." Autism advocate.  Animator.  At the time Dani was a sixteen year old girl with autism who had an animation company.  I just missed meeting her at the 2011 Joey Travolta Inclusion Film Camp held by OUCARES at Oakland University.

This year at the film camp, I did receive a chance to meet her.  I've spent a lot of time this week with Dani and other members of Joey Travolta's crew.  On Thursday, I hosted my weekly podcast live on location at the OUCARES Film camp with Dani sitting in front of me most of the time.  Other activities this week included some karaoke at a local bar, where Dani and I both participated (yes, I actually sung two songs. Unfortunately for me, Dani's Aunt Sandy recorded both of my performances...)  To finish off the week, on Friday, I went to a cook out with Dani, Joey Travolta, and the rest of the crew.

Overall, last week was a great week and I expect this week to be even better!


No comments:

Post a Comment