Saturday, July 30, 2011

Senses Vs. Emotion

In my mind it can be very difficult to tell the difference between sensations and emotions.  When someone asks me how I feel, I am like Spock from "Star Trek:" I really don't know how to answer.  I can distinguish my emotions if I tell someone how I am feeling and receive their judgment, after which I will think oh yeah and then wonder how I could have missed the signs that are now obvious since they have been pointed out.

I can get really agitated at work sometimes due to the daily stress in a retail environment.  The thing is, I often don't recognize that I am agitated and since everyone is trying to get the job done, there is not really opportunity for me to relate my emotions and figure out what is going on.  It is kind of like feeling trapped within myself, when it is really just an illusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment