Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Rinsing Topic

This is a personal topic that I have not really explored in my writing before, but when I was nine years old I started getting dandruff in my hair.  I just could not get all the soap out of my hair when showering.  I know for a fact that many families with autism have to deal with this.  I had dandruff all through high school.  It is mostly gone by now, but I have resigned myself to the fact that I will have dry skin for most of my life. 

Kind of repulsive to think about, let alone discuss, but I think this is a real issue.  Even now, I catch myself thinking I am rinsed when it is really not the case.  I just have to realize that sometimes my first impression is not necessarily correct in terms of something as simple as washing my hair.  I hope that by sharing my experience on this manner, I might give families of those with autism an idea that this is not a problem that a single child on the spectrum might have.

No comments:

Post a Comment