Saturday, March 31, 2012

Autism Insurance in Michigan

For those of you in the Michigan area who do not know, there is currently legislation working its way through state congress that will mandate that insurance companies issue coverage for families affected by autism.  Lt. Governor Brian Calley, who has a child on the autism spectrum, is a strong advocate for this measure which was recently approved in the senate.  In May when I participate in a panel at a symposium on autism and employment, there is a good chance that I will get a chance to meet Brian Calley, which will surely be a great honor.  I have dedicated my life to raising awareness for a condition that has impacted Brian Calley's life, my own life, and the lives of so many others.  I encourage readers who are Michigan residents to show your support for this legislation in any way possible.  While there are many costs associated with autism, always remember that there is hope as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment